[Harp-L] Phrygian, HELP!

laurentHarp@xxxxx laurentHarp@xxxxx
Sat Jun 24 12:32:58 EDT 2017

Hum, I would have thought of the Phrygian Dominant Scale, 5th mode of
the Harmonic Minor scale
With a Bb (F major scale) and a C#, this would mean D harmonic minor
D E F G A Bb C#
Fifth mode is A
A Phryghian dominant would be
A Bb C# D E F G
To be played typically on a A7b9 (A C# E G Bb)

Would it be that?
On what chord did your guitarist proposed this scale?