[Harp-L] Bass harmonica on stage

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Sat Jun 24 11:07:35 EDT 2017

Although I defer to the master George Miklas I use the Suzuki Bass Harp mic
into a gallien kruger bass amp. Now a Suzuki Bass is ideal because there
are two reeds for each note on a standard bass, each an octave apart. The
Suzuki Bass puts the low reeds in the center which picks up better by the
mic. The Hohner harp puts the low reeds towards the outsides of the harp
and doesn't pick up as well. However the reed plates can be switched. I
have a Hohner whose plates are set up like a Suzuki.