[Harp-L] Roly Platt's Harp-Wah

pdxharpdog@xxxxx pdxharpdog@xxxxx
Fri Dec 29 14:31:05 EST 2017

Hey Roly:

I was one of the pre-orders and just wanted you to know that I received my Harp Wah yesterday. Spent some time on it, learning the ins and outs (pun intended) and think it's a great design and execution. Feels stout, but very lightweight. Great quality, easy to grip and after a bit of experimenting it becomes second nature to position the harp in the right spot for me. I keep it just off of the slot bottom and seems to be easy to repeat locating the harmonica. The first time I used it on a draw note, I completely choked it out so came up with the slight gap in the slot and less of an airtight seal with my holding hand.

Very much sounds like a trumpet mute to me - produces very crisp wah-wahs when you want - way easier than tight hand cupping to achieve a crisp wah-wah. Also easy to get a smooth tremolo effect. I think without cupping the mute end it might also add some acoustic projection all by itself possibly, so that would be an added bonus. Super fun experimenting with it - more skill to refine for sure, but I can tell you put a lot of thought into the design and I can't think of a thing I would improve on.

Especially great on the promise/deliver part of Harp-Wah product launch. Most people don't get that right, out of the gate. I will recommend it to all my harp buds.

Wishing you great success in 2018!

Thanks,

Ross Macdonald