[Harp-L] Oiling

pneupco@xxxxx pneupco@xxxxx
Sat Dec 23 12:51:25 EST 2017

I have a Suzuki G. Maret G48W harmonica with the rosewood cover plates
that I love. The look and feel of the wood is great. Here's the
question: Should I oil the covers occasionally or not? Fine wooden
musical instruments such as clarinets and recorders have to be oiled to
prevent them from cracking. So why not these covers? Have these been
specially treated at the factory to eliminate this need or not? This
question would also apply to Suzuki's Pure Harp diatonics with their
wooden covers.

Thanks for your time and help.

Paul N.