[Harp-L] My review of Mississippi Heat’s new cd "Cab Driving Man"

Konstantin Kolesnichenko wheel.k@xxxxx
Fri Oct 21 09:10:22 EDT 2016

Hi everyone!

I received an early copy of Mississippi Heat’s new CD "Cab Driving Man"
and I would like to share my impressions.
For me Mississippi Heat has always been a perfect example of modern
blues. When I say 'modern blues' I don't mean a mix of hip-hop or modern
dance music. What I mean is that band always sounds fresh and original.
It uses different grooves and approaches. I can't recall a single boring
song. Their new CD "Cab Driving Man" is not an exception! Different
vocalists and solists, horns, and exceptional harmonica of band leader
Pierre Lacocque! This checks all the boxes for me.

As a harmonica player, I always pay very careful attention to all the
nuances and details of the harp playing! Pierre has his own unique
percussive staccato style which is not associated with harmonica, at
least in my mind. It's more like a flute or a trumpet! What I also need
to mention is Pierre's impeccable ability to play accompaniment on
harmonica throughout the entire song. I know only one harmonica player
who can do that. It's Little Walter.
I can tell that all band members are outstanding musicians. But they all
pursue a common goal which is making perfect music in the 21st century.

My review of Mississippi Heat’s new cd "Cab Driving Man"