[Harp-L] Stevie Wonder's sound

David McCurry david.mccurry@xxxxx
Mon May 23 13:11:00 EDT 2016

I especially agree that his use of the tongue to articulate and attack
notes, and the influence of classic soul, gospel, and R&B phrasing -
especially in the upper end of the chrom range - really give him that
unique quality and sound. Richard Hunter's intro writing to the Stevie
Wonder section in Jazz Harmonica gives some good insight also.

Dave
http://www.garrett-mccurry.com

--
David S McCurry, EdD