[Harp-L] Re: Chromatic Microphone

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Mon May 2 16:01:31 EDT 2016

$350 is steep for what I suspect is another electret.  There are no specs so it is not clear if there is a battery or pre-amp involved. There could be a battery built in to the mic assembly.  It is a nice sleek package for a 16-holer and probably sounds good.  The big standard XLR connector and quarter-inch cable looks a bit awkward.   The other  manufacturers use mini connectors and 1/8” cables.  Is there an on/off sw or volume control?

Why can’t these these harmonica mics point the connector down instead out to the side?

Vern