[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 153, Issue 2

Richard Hammersley rhhammersley@xxxxx
Mon May 2 06:29:05 EDT 2016

I mainly use a Suzuki harmonic mic - which is another tiny tie-clip job.
http://www.suzukimusic.com/harmonicas/accessories/

It costs a lot more than $10 (although I think I got it on sale half price so I didn’t spend $180 on it).  it provides a very clean and hiss free sound. It has a finger clip and I can play it inside the hand cup for cupped effects, and outside the cup to pick up hand wah etc effects. Plus I find it much less tiring to hold than heavier mics. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it has a very long and very thin wire that I would not run across a stage. But live I plug it into a line 6 pod by my side, so this is not a problem. When I got it about 12 years ago I was worried it would turn out to be flimsy, but it has stood up well.
Richard