[Harp-L] Kickstarter project for "The Lucky One" is up and running

Chris Hofstader cdh@xxxxx
Sat Jun 4 06:41:49 EDT 2016

Hi,

My little gang of anarcho-hackers often use crowdfunding to raise the dollars to do software development related to disability. I’m curious as o why you chose Kickstarter instead of Indie Go-Go as we always use the latter for its “flexible funding” model so you get the dollars donated even if you don’t make your entire goal.

We have one running right now that is at about two thirds of it’s goal with two weeks left and few of us believe we’ll make it all the way with this one.

Looking forward to your new recording, I’ll donate tomorrow and tweet it out to my ~825 followers, many of whom are blind and the stereotype is true, many blinks are musicians and those who aren’t tend to be music lovers with all together too expensive stereo equipment.

Speaking of all together too expensive stereo gear, I just picked up a pair of Audeze LCD2 headphones and their little headphone amp. Having compared them both to the Sennheiser HD800 and Beyer T1 (Tesla) both around the same price point, I’ve never heard anything that can compare to the LCD2 model from Audeze. The amp has built in DAC and sounds great too but the difference between a Schiit amp and DAC, I couldn’t hear much of a notable difference. I tested them with Hogwood’s Beethoven’s 9th, some Sonny and Brownie songs, John Coltrane Live At Birdland and a number of Little Walter, Big Walter Horton and other blues recordings and some of the older recordings sounded better with my Schiit Valhalla tube based headphone amp.

HH,
cdh