[Harp-L] PowerBender (and PowerDraw) & Stuff

Bob Marsolais bob@xxxxx
Wed Dec 7 21:20:18 EST 2016

Good question.  I was thinking about posting the same question only for the
PowerDraw tuning.  Since I am a beginner, I figured it is best to stick with
the standard Richter tuning that probably 95%+ of harp players use.  That
way there is a lot of teaching material available.  If I switch to PowerDraw
(or PowerBend) then it significantly cuts down on the available learning
material, not to say my selection of harps.

On the other hand, PowerDraw is a nice compromise.  It is Richter from holes
1-6.  Holes 7-10 keep the same breathing style as 1-6, that is, blow low and
draw high.  That is supposed to make bending easier in the highest register.

But then half valving is also supposed to make bending easier, or so say the
YouTube videos.  And half valving is also supposed to give you full
chromaticity without overblowing, another advantage.

Any comments?

Bob