Re: [Harp-L] Re: ***SPAM*** Harp-L Digest, Vol 146, Issue 8

No, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this story.

The source for this story is mediafetcher.com, which describes itself in huge type on its homepage as:

Celebrity Fake News Hoax Generator

Everything about this story is wrong.

1) Toots is not athletic.

2) Toots hates speed and sudden movement. If he's freaked out by an aggressive taxi driver (per his personal account to me) there's no way he's going to get on a jet ski.

3) At 93 1/2 he's way too old to be riding a jet ski - consider that he was in a wheelchair two years ago at his big Carnegie Hall concert

4) He's never hung out in Turks and Caicos.

Also, I checked news sites for Belgium (where he's a huge public figure), France, and Turks and Caicos and found absolutely nothing. Zilch.

Winslow Yerxa
Producer, the Harmonica Collective
Resident Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool Community Music School
President emeritus, SPAH, the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica