Re: [Harp-L] hat about Irish
- To: Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] hat about Irish
- From: Rick Dempster <rickdempster33@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 01:51:30 +1000
- Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=1TUMlxY+mLWaK6sDO4dJNPpLbGBI/Cy3RetvdJozcwE=; b=DZhkh5AHBbHyDhP3g8xdpvIfnESe6UwhLCgdc1sCcMk8jvKcFhh8CN3M0Mo6jEmdzO J8RrtDvbvNCC3BKbPXTrgeumkg3qmtN9Sebj1UXuy95Ccindl/TZ3HsMSQ7h7vUz0KP2 TPvkteqsIrsJaKQkgvVUS45pyoEf9gAD49ETHb2wJEWvwndGdaV3TQXoUs+vlolIB3er rkpNXb975k2OjWyVLLa5lqtzoEoCgDYE1XqJVFoNcafkQLwa6RQEocSQd3VKB7DasLgo /LYsdu5NyuxLEZMAlIw/MDLpnhj1kyeY8QpzUKtNBizbI8Oe7L+w++A0jyfgZ8qVCCmu vm3w==
- In-reply-to: <558ACD42.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <201506232001.t5NK13px014792@harp-l.com> <558ACD42.email@example.com>
Yes. A little less relentless than the Scots pipes, which are a martial
instrument. What about the Northumbrian small pipes? Lovely!
On 25 June 2015 at 01:31, Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> What about Irish Uillean pipes? A different sound that I find particularly
> alluring, not just for their sound but for the degree of difficulty they
> impose on their players. Pumping with both elbows, fingering with the
> fingers of both hands and playing the drone notes with the heel of one
> hand. Amazing!
> Here's an example for those not familiar with the instrument.
> I like the idea of using a looper for the drone notes. I don't see any way
> the sound of a Uillean pipe could be imitated otherwise.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and