[Harp-L] hat about Irish
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Harp-L] hat about Irish
- From: Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:31:14 -0600
- In-reply-to: <201506232001.t5NK13px014792@harp-l.com>
- References: <201506232001.t5NK13px014792@harp-l.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.7.0
What about Irish Uillean pipes? A different sound that I find
particularly alluring, not just for their sound but for the degree of
difficulty they impose on their players. Pumping with both elbows,
fingering with the fingers of both hands and playing the drone notes
with the heel of one hand. Amazing!
Here's an example for those not familiar with the instrument.
I like the idea of using a looper for the drone notes. I don't see any
way the sound of a Uillean pipe could be imitated otherwise.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and