Re: Subject: [Harp-L] video- CHEROKEE by Yvonnick Prene

Pretty fun example of prime be-bop a la Dizzy Gillespie/Charlie Parker after hours jam session velocity.
Cherokee was one of the tunes in which these guys would push the tempo to the max to see how far it could go before falling apart.
I'm sure this band (or any other jazz band) wouldn't play stuff like this all night.
Harmonica player was relaxed playing at this tempo (as was pianist and rhythm section) and I enjoyed it all.