[Harp-L] breaking in new harps

What nobody has mentioned is the variation in playing styles.

Some people breathe through their harps

Some people play through their harps

Others uses a strong percussive attack

With all this variation in playing styles: medium, soft and hard there is bound to be some difference in how -- and how long -- the reeds respond.

Some people make their harps for a long time; others use their harps up in a single gig.

I don't think break-in generally has much to do with it. It's how the harp is played, not whether it is broken in gently or ever.

Phil
FWIW: I find that NOT playing adds greatly to the longevity of individual harps.