[Harp-L] Re: Slim's Cases

Bob Harty - Here is the text I have recently prepared regarding Slim’s Custom Cases.

CAREFUL!!
Before you decide to purchase a custom case from Slim’s Custom Cases for your harmonicas, guitar or what have you, be aware of my experience:
Feb. 6th, 2014 - order placed and paid in full, $335.36, including shipping.
May 5th - Slim says, “Not quite finished yet.”
May 30th - Slim says, “I still have your case to build. I started working on it and will be finishing it up this week.
July 7th - Slim says, “Your case is still in construction and I hope to have some images for you soon.”
August 20th - “Your case is getting tolexed tomorrow and will kind of look like that finish.”
August 27th - “Your case is on my work table and due to be worked on over the next few days. I will keep you updated on the progress.”
Sept. 15th - Seven (7) months later. Still no case. No updates. No photos. Nothing.
In my opinion Slim has stopped making cases for customers but is still taking orders and collecting money. My emails are more extensive than the above, but this provides the timeline and the lies pretty well. I am presently determining how to press charges, but since he is in the U.K. it complicates the issue.
Mike