[Harp-L] RE; Flat Keys and Sticky lips

*I played for a few years at a weekly jam (blues/rock) the core members
from this had their own band but due to the lead guitar/ singers vocal
range was one half step down. I was invited to play some gigs with them so
I went out and bought a set of sp/20's to participate as the jams were
standard tuning, Ab through F#. Since then except for the Bb I have rarely
to never again used the flatted harps although they are good tools to have
(just incase). In the case of sticky lips I find beer in moderate
quantities is quite a useful lubricant and as it dries on the reeds leaves
a nice shellac which tends to tighten the gap between reeds.  The last
somewhat tounge in cheek as beer will also seal those gaps.*