Re: [Harp-L] Mouthpiece with too much curve

On Sep 8, 2014, at 6:59 PM, Music Cal wrote:

> Smo-joe
>
> Would you use the same by-hand method to set an appropriate curvature to the mp as well? How do you set yours? Use a jig?
>
> Daniel

O'Daniel boy, the pipes, the pipes...are telling me......

So, let's say I wanted to put some curve INTO a mouthpiece. And it was a strong one. Placing the mouthpiece on a hard flat surface, I would take 2 toothpicks and place them at the very ends of the mouthpiece. Then I would roll a pipe over the mouthpiece. Like using a rolling pin. BUT don't use  a rolling pin as the better half will get severely ticked when you leave a groove in the maple. Flipping the mouthpiece over will reMOVE curvature. I have worked with my hands for so long, a jig would never enter my skull.

smo-joe (the 'they' that say..especially after some Glenfiddich)