Re: [Harp-L] a stuck reed or something
- To: Robert Piscura <bpiscura@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] a stuck reed or something
- From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:55:22 -0700
- Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=x-mailer:to:references:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:cc :date:in-reply-to:from:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=rJkAUsOf+ECj+BSPKHmMp0LfNkXeAsNKMFdWz3Gmp4Y=; b=xSDjdY6fdHO/PNAwXEKquAoEgD08qYaUB0y69/w+ffY17QeZUNRw/bW8i2b3y7Br3 kWB/Y/y+F9r7gHtf/45EQ==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=received:content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :cc:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=Ek9OK2nQ7SS4KqYIe3wlxG14wx5RxMPgMpb0P9Zjr0Kh3XHHvxDqNPqohCzIvOGgJ XhjH/O0IiwmQdw3496Ikg==
- In-reply-to: <1409746643.96858.YahooMailNeo@web142302.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
- References: <1409746643.96858.YahooMailNeo@web142302.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
On Sep 3, 2014, at 5:17 AM, Robert Piscura <bpiscura@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a seydel low f harmonica that some dummy played without brushing his teeth! I took it apart and used soap and water the clean. I didn't take the reed plates out. The 5 draw make little sound , kind of like when I couldn't play the 2 draw because I was sucking too hard. I don't want to ruin the harp so advice on how to diagnose and repair would be great.
> Bob Piscura
If you remove the plate, you can probably see the obstruction. With one eye closed, look through the clearance of the offending reed toward a bright light such as a fluorescent tube.
Run a thin (.001" to .002”) steel blade around the clearance of the offending reed. You can cut one from a feeler gauge with scissors. The thin metal strip from an anti-theft tag also works.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and