[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L] Re: Standard embouchures

Something I've learned from another discipline is that many people do not know how to "fire" certain muscles in isolation and must learn by actively using an associated muscle as a compound group. In my case, thinking about raising the back of the tongue, especially while tongue blocking, was a non-starter. As a result of this discussion, I'm finding that my conscious throat activity is indeed driving what people are calling tongue activity (I now can feel it). Who knows? This might lead me toward improvement in tone and such. This has been a productive discussion for me.

Dave