Re: [Harp-L] Billy Branch - far from generic

Sorry to stray off topic, but back in the 80's I spent 18 months backpacking around the world. At one point I found myself in Chicago and while I was there I journeyed out to a pub in the burbs to see Billy Branch. I got there early and wound up playing pool with a few guys, one of whom turned out to be the great man himself. (He didn't actually tell me that, he only introduced himself as Billy and I had to wonder about it until it was time for him to leave the table and get up on stage to play). He's a cool guy, and his playing is definitely not "generic" in my book

Mike