[Harp-L] Billy Branch - far from generic

I learned my basic harmonica in the 70s by listening to blues harp recordings, which were scarce then, and reading the only available instruction book by Tony Glover. Years later I noticed a quote from Glover describing Billy Branch as a "generic" harp player. I wonder what this could mean in the context of blues harmonica. Maybe Glover considers himself the opposite, meaning a brand that people are willing to pay more for because of added value. Branch is a talented player who combines traditional Chicago style with a distinctive add of his own. Tony Glover doesn't come close.
Harri