Re: [Harp-L] Randy Singer "Harmonica Dreams"
- To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Randy Singer "Harmonica Dreams"
- From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:19:55 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1416853256; bh=Ecj4avgyTsDrRZU/ikqOZp1bero1I7NnvFxWcj1ejNI=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=ouBMuI4W1sajMRexdViUxUnlkfeurDy1Q/Qj9NrNuG04LNNAvmUM6DvRVdJRo5bKL 4O31pcwx/9RPQdD9rxNq91nc/TijGkIeUifstkDKF5XQFMXHSvX9p3wMrJKidXnqYn dcDhZQfuIYeUE8Kw/65H9HHkdfiqL2yPb8I3DovYkT6sgCeFVbIWrmA+Jk/K98CLX9 GfkdLTC7YPmDG/V4ymzrlIvCaE2WaITcDUhDdq0KWK5gT3pBouO9GOkIM5cFODcXgU y00IECapwPrcPUnIoqTa2qlQQpBrcPSJS4nBCDq8/QMctru43QuyWdOD0C1FL47apI Z+gYx2UPIP8bQ==
- In-reply-to: <21577014.1416602044322.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- References: <21577014.1416602044322.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Now I fully realize that people have divergent tastes in music. Especially harmonica music. But I have a story to submit for your perusal.
I guess I first met Randolph Singer Hennes (aka Randy Singer) in the early 90s. I started going to spah in 91 and there was this fellow Ron
Kalina who would stroll into the hotel bars and play piano. I started sitting in on harmonica. I don't know if he was annoyed, but he never
said anything. What he DID do was to change keys about 8 times on a tune. I would hang in there for maybe 5 keys and then loose it.
So a couple years later Randy starts to join in and he was able to cover every key that Ron threw at him. I immediately realized that this Randy
Singer cat was the real deal.
It was 1998 when I moved from Pgh to W. Fla. and one time while helping my nephew move a charter yacht from Newport to Tortola B.V.I. by
way of his home in Ft. Lauderdale, I slipped into: 'J.B's on the beach' to catch Randy's act. He was appearing with a girl singer, played mostly
guitar and sang. The show was great. On the break Randy spotted me and invited me up to play. We did a Jobim medley. He gave me his CD
entitled 'Harmonica Dreams'. The wife and I played it on the way back across Florida.
The wife (who is NOT a big harmonica fan) declared that it was the most pleasant harmonica that she had, as yet, heard. I concurred.
See..I have this klepto. IF I were to buy an album containing 12 tunes, I would have to like 4, be able to accept another 4, and the
last 4 could be crapola. But THIS album has ALL TWELVE CUTS done beautifully. It may be the only album I have where ALL TWELVE cuts
So, while I never try to sway anyone about anything, I think people need to at the very least, give this work a listen. As Randy may just be one
of harmonica world's best kept secrets.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and