Re: [Harp-L] Update on Slim's Custom Case order
- To: Michael Zack <michaelzack9@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Update on Slim's Custom Case order
- From: Michael Rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 18:17:53 -0600
- Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=zQuhFZxX/DmDKFw9b8zAUTPbmdjJyJ3PJ9i4xZYF6K8=; b=RDLoJy55N7XzjC3Cl1V2BOTqbHw9nqk8PMx+u8eNjp0/7YVm2/73LkGmlGLnlrPtYA SSDjfMvVXHypqLjHPIIFX9rPYD9lVrmLjeCqzIqnceFa9kqD4N6LlK2dLPG5RK4zccoO 7aRRXR72bIBXkg13ca/gal33maxf1PeKX0EUHRoKVa/LRrpHwldutrnku7hEG9B8aqC0 b5HvudOBoPixz+/qz4jOKPwW2CJZcNMe2cB4zUkinvytCxZEcFQ3Usj3nd6YRgss3CPM Mizx9KP2STM26/Ko/MErlEZQxWPcX5p535QBMXFEQwgDH88dFPf6hDkZSGfytUoSJV9W FFbw==
- In-reply-to: <89491B9F-AD39-4681-B786-DC992D22AA05@gmail.com>
- References: <89491B9F-AD39-4681-B786-DC992D22AA05@gmail.com>
I bought a case this year. Took a bit longer than i expected and now I
have a great case.
On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Michael Zack <michaelzack9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another month has gone by so I am posting the November update to my
> ongoing wait for the construction and delivery of my custom harmonica case
> from Slimâs Custom Cases. For those of you who missed my other posts, here
> is the story:
> Case ordered and paid for on February 6th, 2014. Case delivery estimated
> at 8-10 weeks at the time of order. I have received numerous excuses and
> obvious contradictions on the progress and expected delivery since then. At
> 7 months I was sent a photo of a group of bare wood cases and supposedly my
> case was one of them. At 8 months Slim sent me an email that may have given
> me a clue as to a delivery date. He said that he had recently delivered a
> case to a customer who had waited 12 months and he (the customer) was very
> happy! Iâll bet he was as he probably thought his money was lost by then.
> My inference from that is that his delivery times are running
> approximately 1 year from order date, if you believe his story. This is
> quite different from the 60-day delivery quoted on his website. Good luck
> if you took up his offer in August for guaranteed Christmas delivery!
> Personally, if it were me, I would put the complaining customerâs order on
> the bench, finish it up and get it out so that the public criticism would
> stop, but that does not seem to be his way. So, if you have a year or so to
> wait, in spite of a 60-day delivery promise, then go ahead and order a case
> from Slim. Who knows, maybe you will get a case.
> I had requested a refund through PayPal a couple of months ago, but it was
> ignored by Slim. So, at the moment I have no case and my wallet is lighter
> by $300+. Also be aware that Paypal cannot pursue a claim against this
> vendor for two reasons: the case is a âcustomâ order, and you have to put
> in a claim within 45 days. He puts his delivery at 60 days so by the time
> you realize the case isnât coming Paypal canât do anything.
> One last point - I have seen others post to defend Slimâs Custom Cases. I
> notice that his defenders are mostly people who received cases previous to
> 2014. I have not seen any positive posts from someone who ordered and
> received a case this year. I am in contact with several other customers and
> their negative experience has also been from this year.
> Michael Zack
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and