[Harp-L] chris reynolds' acrylic combs for chromatics

I'm finishing up with some seat-of-the-pants 'research' AKA "practice avoidance" on the wood vs acrylic thing, for chromatic harmonica combs.

Over the past month, I rebuilt five Hohner Deluxes using the acrylics from Chris. Recorded on them....the only apparent differences are just the instrument-to-instrument differences that you get anyway, even with Real Instruments .... nothing more than that...

While I'd have suspected the opposite results, I think Vern et al are right....and I  think I was wrong. I'll take some of them over to Tommy Morgan's once the summer heats up, and use his air conditioned practice room for further testing, lemonade sipping and wondering where the Good Old Studio Days have gone......

If all the combs suddenly stop working immediately after I post  this rave review..... well, that totally makes sense to me..tempting Fate, and so on.

Go ahead, Fate, hit me a good one, I've still got 15 deluxes with wood combs.

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.