Re: Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH picture lady, Grace Fischette RIP

Among all the discussions about technical mechanics,harmonica instruments
of choice, discussions of playing techniques. favorite players,
conventions, concerts, arguments and other aspects of a (mostly) virtual
community that is Harp-L....there are sometimes posts that remind us of the
one thing that connects us all: the ability to let music into our hearts
and souls, our ability to enjoy music and feel....passion. Elizabeth's post
reminded me of all that. it is a well heartfelt exclamation of how lives
drawn together through music have an essential impact on all involved.

I have never been to SPAH, and I never met Grace, but I "felt" who Grace
was through Elizabeth's post. She sounds like someone who knew how to
appreciate music and life. She even felt it through her photography.

I taught basic photography courses many years ago and was often asked what
great beauty was at the "core" of the medium. I always answered that great
photography, like many artistic mediums, strives to reflect the "profound
infinite"... in measured moments. From Elizabeth's post I can imagine Grace
lived a life appreciating, and enjoying many rich moments.  I am also
certain that, for those who met or knew her, she provided many of those
moments as well.