Re: [Harp-L] Marine band

Hey everyone,

I play Marine Bands and cannot seem to switch. I have tried a number of
other brands, but seem to always stick with my Marine Bands. I guess it is
because MBs are what I grew up with. I do not like the Deluxe model though.
and  tinny for me". I really cannot explain exactly, but I do prefer the
"regular  MBs".

I do have to tweak the MBs a bit out of the box, and they can be a bit
inconsistent. Yet when I have a Marine Band that plays well, I have to say it
has been my harp of choice. I break them in slowly, and I never soak them. I
 also wipe them down and let them air after playing them. I also wipe with
bottled alcohol periodically.

I am not saying there are not other good harps out there. Seydel  Soloist
Pros come to mind, among others harmonicas. I think a lot has to do  with the
style and methods the individual player uses that go into which harp  brand
to choose. In other words it is such a personal choice. I play mostly
Blues and some melodies. I also am pretty hard on my harps. When I get a good
Marine Band (which is more often nowadays) it can last me for years and
years.

No connection with Hohner ( I could only wish ;) ), Just my opinions and
experiences.
Chris Mastakas

In a message dated 3/15/2014 5:56:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,