Re: [Harp-L] Interesting new tuning

Thanks, Rex. I appreciate your asking this. Many people think that the root of the key must be the lowest note of the instrument, but of course this repeating pattern could be started at any point in the cycle.
In this tuning, however, we can fit an extra note in a 12-hole harmonica if we start with either the second or the sixth (D or A in the key of C) as the low note in hole 1. With a range less than 2.5 octaves here, every additional note is much valued! My experience is that it is good to have a fifth note (G here) below the low root note, and so that is why I chose this layout. But you might prefer to start on A, in which case it would become
BLOW A C D F G A C D F G A C
DRAW B D E G A B D E G A B D