Re: [Harp-L] explain positions to beginner

I didn't really get the idea of positions until I was playing with a paddy
richter D harp. I realised I could do what I call the "standard" middle
eastern tune, suddenly easily accessed by 3 blow. It sounded entirely
different. I furthered with first, second, and third position using my
ukulele to play 'Saints go Marching In' in a minor v major scale,
afterwards trying the same tune in first, second, and third and listening
to the difference. Suddenly the idea became obvious, though I don't always
have the ability to play it routinely myself.

MFG,
Mike