Re: [Harp-L] RE: no standards of harmonica accomplishment

I agree completely.
What relevance are standards anyway? Is "American Idol" the "standard" of
excellence for singing as an art form?
I have approached this subject before by considering the question: "Who is
the better singer, Mick Jagger or Luciano Pavarotti? The answer (to me
anyway) is: for what song? The subjectivity becomes apparent. As great as
Luciano is (was), I can't see him doing justice to "Paint It Black". Now
debating the merit of each of those songs is unto itself, a similar topic
of taste, etc. However, as it has often been said "Beauty is in the eye (or
ear as it were) of the beholder (or listener).