[Harp-L] RE: no standards of harmonica accomplishment

this subject always amazes me. why does our instrument need to be
validated? standards of accomplishment? I am 180 degrees away on this. I
love that Bob Dylan and Neil Young etc are the "standard" for the many
mortal listeners. how nice that I play an instrument that opens ears and
eyes wide open quickly when I share even my humble level of accomplishment.
the guitar world is full of standards. big deal. the mortals have a really
high level of expectation before they are impressed in any way with a
guitarist. at least inside their heads. we all know that what some folks
say isn't really what they are thinking.

and when they hear a Bonfiglio, Filisko, Ricci, Paparozzi Raines Arenas etc
they are floored. it takes a lot of lickity split licks to reach that level
of excitement to the guitar.

it is the mortals that buy CD's, attend shows etc .... they pay the bills
and or they feed our souls ... what do they care about standards?

WHO CARES? obviously many of y'all do!  thought I would gas up the fire a
bit.

Bee