Re: [Harp-L] SPAH suggestions - NAMM

Speaking of SPAH suggestions. Two suggestions deal with SPAH members in California close to the NAMM convention site.

1. I know it's too late for this year. But what are the possibilities of SPAH setting up a booth at the NAMM convention(s)? Does NAMM have any provision for affiliate memberships (non-music manufacturers or retailers et cetera)? If SPAH is barred from attending NAMM because it is not a manufacturer/seller maybe SPAH could set up next to one of the harmonica firm's exhibit.

It would seem a natural connection between the music sellers and SPAH.

With a booth at NAMM, SPAH could promote the harmonica to dealers who are totally unaware of SPAH and have something to say when a customer walks into their store and asks if the dealer knowns of other harmonica players.

2. Covering NAMM for Harmonica Happenings. I have written several articles for HH over the years and American Harmonica Newsmagazine and spent about 40 years in the daily newspaper business. But I live too far to make the trek. And I don't think it would be cost effective to fly me at SPAH's expense to cover NAMM when there must be some newspaper types in California.

3. SPAH could also runs ads in the NAMM magazine promoting SPAH and reporting on the annual awards.

Phil