Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Help with Chromatic repair

Re. Elizabeth's comments about the diatonic-heavy-chromatic-light nature of
harp-l:
Just for the record, as a long time lister on harp-l, I play chromatic
(badly) as well as diatonic, and have had to fix the things over the years.
Occasionally (when I could afford it) I'd send them off for repair.
Re-valving, tuning, occasionally replacing a reed were bearable. Trying to
fix a broken comb, then trying to re-attach the plates to the
comb was difficult. I ended up drilling and tapping the plates and using
screws to hold it together.
If you like doing this stuff, great.If you don't, then you have to pay
someone.
A good harp tech is a wonderful thing.

RD