Re: [Harp-L] Neil Young, Water & Marine Bands

Regarding Richard's comments about soaking harps...what follows relates to chromatic harmonica:I was practicing the other day on an older 270 and the slide was "sticky" so I applied water liberally to the back of  the slide, mouthpiece facing the floor so as to not get water into the harp itself. Anyway, I didn't wait as long as usual before playing and noticed a nicer sound coming from the harp. Like Richard, I also used to soak my diatonics, so I recognized what I think was the effect of water on the reeds.

So, anybody ever do this ? Soak, or at least apply some water, to their chromatic? Richard, seems I remember you to play chro as well as diatonic: you ever try this? Will it hurt the harp?
WVa Bob