[Harp-L] (no subject)

I thought they were more worried about his hair catching on fire.

I erred: his instrument is a 'flame-a-thon', not a 'fire-a-thon'. :)

Can't believe I also completely forgot about your affinity for DooWop. I
KNEW you and Fred shared a common interest there, but drew a blank when I
watched the video, thinking of you more as a jazz/country player. My bad.

What's fun about this group is that they just might make DooWop attractive
to young people discovering it for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed
this  version of the song while the original did very little for me, frankly.

My tastes in playing harmonica go back to people like Jackie Wilson, Sam
Cooke, Smokey Robinson, Ray Charles, Etta James, etc. - when songs were
incredibly melodious...that's what 'I' want to play (and do), as well as  Rock.

While the sheet music is great, I prefer it accompanied by a CD in a
playalong because the CDs allow you to use the music as backing tracks (no
issues of copyright) although it does limit the selection on each to  roughly
fewer than 10. I have quite a large collection of playalongs  so far for jazz,
standards, country and rock.

Elizabeth

"For those interested, there are several doo-wop songbook collections. Some
 have sheet music, some just talk about the genre. Easiest search is
Amazon,  whether you buy from them or  not.

<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&fiel
d-keywords=doo-wop>