Re: [Harp-L] Earliest Country Harmonica

Thanks for that post, Lil Rev!
I was especially happy to see Woody Guthrie's harp-playing appreciated. I think I've only heard him play G harps, sometimes straight but mostly in 2nd position. I've tried to find earlier rack players with a similar style, with lower key harps like G or A played in 2nd position, but I couldn't find any until I heard Bill Cox. He sounds like a highly possible inspiration for Woody's style. There may be others, and I would be glad to get some info.
For those who haven't heard Bill Cox, here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh1KnEi3Yqs
And Lil Rev, I followed the link to your article but I couldn't access it. I wouldn't be surprised if you mentioned Bill Cox in your piece. You seem to know a lot about this subject.
Cheers
Christer