Re: [Harp-L] need some recommendations: diatonic instrumentalists

On 09/14/2013 02:43 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
I'm trying to build a repertoire of instrumental songs for live performance
on diatonic.  Songs like Summertime and St. James Infirmary are "sort of"
in the vein I'm looking for, but hoping to get turned on to something more
modern than Jazz standards.
a favorite of mine is Akos, by Ronnie Earl, via Jason Ricci:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuLUerJogo

he does a number of other instrumentals that could
work: Wake County Stomp, Baked Potato, Sonja. or, if
you're ambitious, Afro Blue.

i'm working on several favorite Hot Tuna instrumentals,
Embryonic Journey and Water Song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbcMa3is-vw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6giiYDlqRQs

one of these days i'll tackle Mann's Fate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqBDLrlLgA

none of these are harp songs, but they could be,
and the stretch is good for me.

--
We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.