Re: [Harp-L] RP355 + Korg Pandora

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Boris Plotnikov <ploboris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> multi-fx connect them serial, not parallel.

When I played pedal steel guitar 6 nights a week, I set my processor to
parallel, and could hear the (improved) difference compared to series.
Delay+reverb+light chorusing. So PART of the signal was getting filtered
thru the Chorus, rather than ALL of it, and it retained the character of
the steel guitar tone I wanted.

To my ears, many of today's multi-FX settings use MIX to accomplish this.
(What some are calling "straight Thru" sound, mixed with processed effect)

In earlier days, to put a flanger or phaser pedal in your signal path meant
ALL frequencies were altered. Many of us dreaded a night working with a
guitar player and his new phaser/flanger pedal that was ON all the time,
and set way too wobbly.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam