Re: [Harp-L] Re: The Groove?

I recently watched a Emily Remler video that Bluesy had posted on Wim's
website. In it she talks about groove and time. She admits that after all
of her training at Berklee she was told by other musicians that she had bad
time and groove. Her response was to first cry and then, after recovering,
buckle down and work on her groove. And she developed, I think most would
agree, fantastic groove. In the video she passes along tips to develop
groove. She never says in some highly quantitative manner what groove is
and what it looks like in a "scientific" sense. Instead she passes along
tips to help the student become more aware of groove. With awareness comes
mastery?

The spirit of my original post was not one that was principally focused on
the mechanics of groove (although there is a small element of that too).
Instead my focus was largely on awareness of groove and tips with respect
to developing that awareness.

But it's all good. Please keep the comments coming!

MusiCal