[Harp-L] Suck the moisture from your harmonica

Instructions from various brands of harmonicas tell players to tap out
their instruments before putting them away, this is to get your saliva and
other assorted gunk off the reeds & valves.  It's also a health thing,  a drier
instrument isn't as much of a breeding ground for all those nasty  little
organisms.

I recommend this instead:  Tap the harp, then take a  couple quick passes
up and down the mouthpiece inhaling through all  the single holes, and then
tap it again.  The inhaled air across  the reeds will dry things much more
thoroughly than tapping alone.   Do not exhale during this process, and pull
the harp  well away from your lips before you cease to inhale.  The  second
tap will help keep valves from becoming stuck.  This  technique is especially
useful if you have to put a 'wet' harp into a  closed case right after a
gig.

Is anyone else doing this?  I don't recall  seeing it posted anywhere
before.

Christopher Richards
harmonicaplanet.com