[Harp-L] Jazzy mid- level complicated tunes for a jam - a list.

Below is a compilation of what was given to me upon my asking whatÂs in the subject line above. Save it for future reference if you, like me, more and more frequently find yourself staring into empty spaces with no expectations of satori. They are almost all in any Real Book worth its megabyte.

 Some differences in what "mid-level complications" are, thatÂs inevitable, and quite a few people would say that several of these tunes are high level complicated or something like that. I play the diatonic only, canÂt remember if I said so, and e.g. ... "Harlem Nocturne" is a real bitch to get around on that instrument. But not impossible.

 The long list in capitals at the end is from Rick D -- and from that list, as well as other sources, we can deduce that Rick is a fairly advanced player. (Although I must confess that some of those songs were unknown to me -- but thatÂs a good incentive to learn new things.)

 The "recognition factor" is a tricky matter at jams. Are people supposed to say, "Yeah, I know that tune" or is that of no consequence? ItÂs just the playing that counts. The jam in my case is a "jazzy" jam, and not a "jazz jam" and that might be of some weight when introducing advanced stuff -- people will possibly appreciate it more if you are not to introverted in your choice of songs and the occasional pop tune can be a good option.
 How did it go?
 Well, as it happened I was at home with my head anchored down the water closet, recycling some food and other related stuff ... and not in the best of shape after some dubious meatballs. But there will be another opening soon and I thank you for all suggestions.
Cheers,

/Martin

ÂDoxy (/Jada)
Autumn Leaves