[Harp-L] Re: New technique

A French player that visited the US a couple of years ago showed me a technique somewhat similar to yours Rick.
Said a famous French player showed it to him.

I don't recall if the tongue switching effect was involved. He asked me if I could play an octave and bend the lower or upper note in the process and then
demonstrated it. I guess yours is a variation on that. Bending an octave is easy for me as well as tongue switching. Mixing the 2 to be fluid might take an afternoon.

An easy way to learn your method is to start on the blow or draw octaves that separate the upper and lower register. While the notes in one octave stay in pitch the other can easily be bent to produce the desired effect. Mastering it to keep both reeds from bending without sounding sloppy will take some practice.