Re: [Harp-L] Strep and Harmonica Cleaning

Ole Behrendtsen wrote:
<That's an important point Mike. If so all you need to do is put them in an adequately dry environment for long enough and the <bacteria simply won't survive.

Not survive, or simply go dormant?  I seem to recall from my wife's microbiology training in nursing school that bacteria can survive a whole lot of situations that many other organisms would find utterly fatal. They wrap themselves in a hard shell, go to sleep, and live to fight another day.

I agree with a previous post to the effect that once your body's developed antibodies, the bacteria you've met already aren't likely to trouble you again.  But I doubt that simply drying the harp out will kill all the bacteria on it.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick