[Harp-L] YouTube link - outstanding pre-war train imitation/fox chase by Ken Korb

Hello Harp-L'ers,

At the recent screening of Pocket Full of Soul in NYC, I got to hang out with some Long Island harmonica players. One of them I only knew by reputation... Ken 'The Rocket' Korb. He has been playing for over 40 years and fans of blues guitarist Toby Walker will recognize the name for sure. I didn't know Ken before the PFoS show, but I really enjoyed meeting him and conversing with him, so I figured I'd see if he had any clips on YouTube. Turns out there are quite a bit of them, but I thought this one clip deserved special mention and figured many of you would like to take a look and listen to it.

So much attention is given to Post-war blues that often the pre-war stuff gets neglected by most players. Joe Filisko, Adam Sikora, and some others carry on the prewar harmonica tradition, and Ken is one of them. Ken's tune "Train to Memphis" was composed by himself around 30 years ago; he based it on traditional harmonica pieces from many prewar artists. Check it out!

"Train To Memphis" by Ken 'The Rocket' Korb <http://youtu.be/N-vIqhUBd0E>

-- William Lifford, CP Progressive O&P, Inc. 1111 Willis Avenue Albertson, NY 11507 516-338-8585 www.ProgOandP.com