Re: [Harp-L] plastic comb vs wood ?

Although I've seen a great deal of discussion covering the tone and
durability differences of plastic vs. wood (and other materiel), I don't
see a lot of talk about the difference in *how they play.*
*
*
To me, the difference is substantial, and it has less to do with the nature
of the material and more to do with how they are physically shaped.  I have
four harps with plastic combs:  a session, a special 20, a harpmaster, and
a Lee Oskar.  There are two things I notice about these vs. a wood comb on
my MBs.

-each of them has slightly larger holes and hole spacing, with the session
being the most disparate (a full "hole and a half" larger than the MB comb
when held side by side)

- they all have some kind of chamfering/rounding/softening of the edges of
the holes.  Again, the session has obvious, visible 45 degree chamfers that
are about .5mm, The others are not chamfered, but the edges a rounded and
softer than that of the MB.

This makes them have a softer and more comfortable mouth feel, but
play *noticeably
*less responsive (to me, anyway).  The sharp lip edges of the stock wooden
MB comb make the notes "snap" into playing when shifting between holes, and
the ever-so-slightly smaller distance between the holes makes some licks
play clean and crisp, while the same runs are spongy and loose on the
plastic comb harps.

Does anybody else notice this phenomenon?  To me its like night and day.
 It's, honestly, like a 20% difference in my mind.