Re: [Harp-L] plastic comb vs wood ?

I also play Lee Oskars. They seem to be fairly durable, and reliable out-of-the-box. But I'm not "happy". I always get this nagging feeling that someone out there has better harps than mine, lol.

R'bert
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Hale" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fran_3" <mailbox0600@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] plastic comb vs wood ?

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Fran_3 <mailbox0600@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
plastic vs wood

Oh, how fun! Lotsa heat in the archives for this topic!

Hohner SP20 is plastic.

Yes, soaking swells the wood, and can seal the harp tighter. But it
also makes the individual reed channel dividers stick up beyond the
plates and isn't very comfortable to play.

I don't hear any difference between wood and plastic. Some say they do.
Organized trials have been attempted over the years, 3 times I think,
and each with disputed results.

I play Lee Oskar (plastic), and I'm happy.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success