[Harp-L] Shifted Richter Inversions or SBS tuning (see "bendability" thread of 2006)

I replied to a message about Steve Baker Special tuning about a month ago and  mentioned I've had a couple 10-holers configured for cross harp starting on 1 draw.. (holes 2-11 of the SBS.) Like this:

Blow: E G C E G C E G C E
Hole: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Draw: G B D G B D F A B D

These shifted Richter tunings help me capture blues runs by alto sax players who can cover the range of a low D harp holes 1-9: D3-A5.

These modified harps extend the lower range in a familiar pattern (a la SBS) at the expense of the high notes that I don't need for this project. It is working great, with the two harps I had Seydel configure for me Bb/LD and Db/LF. Now, I should probably start making my own.

My experience, so far, has been very positive and I tend to favor these new tunings over standard Richter.

I did the tuning arithmetic and came up with this (for C):

First Inversion C/E, (G/G):

Start with a Low Eb harp
Blow: Eb G  Bb Eb G  Bb Eb G  Bb Eb
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: F  Bb D  F  Ab C  D  F  Ab C

Tune change in half-steps:
Blow: +1  0 +2 +1  0 +2 +1  0 +2 +1
Hole:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: +2 +1  0 +2 +3 +2 +1 +4 +3 +2

Result:
Blow: E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: G  B  D  G  B  D  F  A  B  D

Second Inversion C/G, (G/B) (shifted Richter, a la Jonathan Ross):

Start with a G harp
Blow: G  B  D  G  B  D  G  B  D  G
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: A  D  F# A  C  E  F# A  C  E

Tune change in half-steps:
Blow: 0 +1 +2  0 +1 +2  0 +1 +2  0
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: +2 0 +1 +2 +2 +1 +3 +2 +2 +1

Result:
Blow: G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: B  D  G  B  D  F  A  B  D  F

Low Root Position (a la Steve Baker):

Start with a low C harp
Blow: C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: D  G  B  D  F  A  B  D  F  A

Tune change in half-steps:
Blow: 0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: 0  0  0  0 +2 +2 +3 +3 +4 +2

Result:
Blow: C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C
Hole: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Draw: D  G  B  D  G  B  D  F  A  B

[There are 1st and 2nd inversions of SBS, too, but these would be better suited to 12-holes or more, assuming you like holes 7 and 8 on a normal Richter.]

========
I looked to see if anyone on the list had similar ideas. I searched the harp-l archives and found the thread "bendability" in which Jonathan Ross commented as follows:

//
I've been thinking lately about retuning some so that the
tonic is in the second hole rather than the first to get around this.
Thus, I'd have a C-harp with this layout:

Blow: G C E G C E G C E G
Hole: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Draw: B D G B D F A B D F

Actually, I'd probably tinker with this a bit anyway, just to fine-tune
it, but you get the basic idea--while the blow note in hole 1 would be
G, the key would still be C because the blow chord is still a C chord
(just it starts with the second inversion).
//

There isnât much else out there on this topic yet.
I would love to hear from those who have tried tunings like those described above, or with harp-tuning experience.

What is the feasibility of raising a draw note a major third on brass or stainless reeds for holes 8 or 9? I would working with low harps such as Low F, Low Eb. I guess Iâll find out.