Re: [Harp-L] Blues Birdhead WAS is it my ears or does the chromatic sound different?

I've only heard a couple of tunes by BB, but they're great. He's often credited with the first overblow on a recording. He's not as clean sounding as Rhythm Willie, although that's not a criticism, but he's an excellent soloist. Jazz Gillum also made a few records in this vein, a big departure from his others.