Re: [Harp-L] Pro Harmonica Secrets Made Simple

Well, it's not a harmonica learning site (I know you didn't claim it was), but a site to pitch his harmonica instructional DVD. Nothing wrong with that. I think Michael is great, I've been to see him when out in SF for work a few times, and talked to him a bit.

I do disagree with some of the claims on the site about learning your favorite songs "overnight" and going from amateur to pro "INSTANTLY". I think those sort of claims (well we all know...) are disingenuous and do the instrument a disservice and might cause some to question the credibility of the claims. We all know that none of those things will happen even remotely near that fast, although you can say they are exaggerations that only the most naive would believe. It sounds too much like one of those "Made for TV" product ads and we know how that stuff is (although I do have one of those green disappearing hoses and the thing actually works pretty good and as advertised!)

It does need one typo (Freudian slip or copy/paste error?) "On this DVD series: Pro Harmonica Secrets Made Simple, you will learn everything you need to know to play killer saxophone as fast as possible."

I hope some folks will review it here, it looks very polished and sounds very comprehensive based on the description!