From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Ross
Sent: 17 January 2013 18:09
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re:What Cover-Plates Don't Do

> I don't have any, but it would be very interesting, IMO, to add to the
complex question the impact of things like powder coating on timbre.

I doubt the coating would have any affect.  There is certainly no good
acoustic reason it would, and unless testing shows it then there is no
reason I can see it would make any difference.

> Are you talking about the SPAH test?

The ones Vern conducted, yes.

> The best way to do any of these, IMO, is to remove the human element.  I
need one of  those music store testing things.

Agreed, but a bellows which provides constant pressure or suction would be
significantly better than the tester.

JR Ross